IDEAS Academy is a “Not for Profit” Academy and a joint venture between IDEAS and Stichting Young Refugee Cause in the Netherlands.
IDEAS sees the need to put forth new policy recommendations to improve the quality of education provided for all children in this country.IDEAS’ focus and interest is in ensuring that the poor, underprivileged and the disabled are not left out as Malaysia moves forward. IDEASaims to do this by making markets work for the poor.
The lack of good secondary education is a big deficit for underprivileged children, which keeps them from reaching a dignified and decent livelihood. Good education is the main tool to break free from the poverty cycle. As mentioned in “Private education for the poor” (PolicyIDEAS No.5 July 2013), “Ultimately, it is the poor who benefits the most from an improvement in the education quality received by their children”.
IDEAS Academy is located in Pudu, Kuala Lumpur. The Academy offers a 4-year programme, which is carefully developed to cater for students from the age of 12 years who have only had basic primary schooling. The Academy follows the Ontario curriculum to achieve a high international standard.
Our Board of Directors include:
1. Mr Wan Saiful Wan Jan, CEO IDEAS (Chair)
2. Ms Tanja Pelle, CEO Meck Asia, Chairman Stichting YRC
3. Mr Jan-Willem Smulders, CEO AQ Services, Vice Chairman Stichting YRC
4. Mr Bjorn Kruizenga, GM DKSH Smollan Fieldmarketing Malaysia Sdn Bhd
5. YAM Tunku Zain Al-Abidin Tuanku Muhriz, Founding President IDEAS
6. Ms Tricia Yeoh, COO IDEAS
For further information, please contact Ms Trine Engskov, firstname.lastname@example.org